Brown Sugar Meatloaf

So this week was all about soul food for me. Comforting warm, yummy food for the heart and the belly... and I was going to make my Grandmother's recipe for meatloaf. I had it planned out, I bought the ingredients. I had the hamburger in the bowl...but when I was looking for the recipe in my homemade cookbook I made for myself, I found a recipe for brown sugar meat loaf. Now in this homemade cook book, are not just recipe I have already tried but, recipe I want to try. So since I have started this awesome adventure I thought, "What the Hay." So Brown Sugar Meatloaf it is.


Brown Sugar Meatloaf

1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 cup Ketchup
1 lb Hamburger meat
1 tbs Worcestershire Sauce
3/4 cup Milk
2 Eggs
1 1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper
1 tsp Onion Powder 
1/4 tsp Ginger
Quick Oats 


1. Mix Together Brown Sugar and Ketchup and spread on the bottom of the slow cooker.



2. Mix the rest of the ingredients together. Now this part is kind of tricky. The amount of Quick Oats depends on the consistency of the meat mixture. You don't want it to liquidy. It needs to be any a semi damp ball, and that is when you will know you have put enough. I think I probably put in about a cup.





4. Place Mixture over Brown Sugar Ketchup in Slow Cooker



3. Cook on Low 6 hours.


I turned it over because that is where the pretty brown sugar ketchup glazed side was...it was really god=)


0 comments:

Post a Comment